France this year?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/04/18/france-will-allow-vaccinated-american-travelers-to-visit-with-a-special-pass/amp/

We were originally booked for Rendezvous on the Seine this June, but decided a few months ago to delay it until late August to give us more time for it to actually happen. Glad we did that since Tauck has cancelled everything thru June 30. This news from Forbes gives me renewed hope. We’re fine traveling wearing masks as long as everyone on the tour has been vaccinated.

Comments

• It's a positive sign that this is Macrons hope to open to American tourists and that they are working with the White House, however I'll believe it when I see it. The Rick Steves travel forum also discussed this interview and several people living in France had their doubts mainly due to vaccine rates and current lock down. Not so much fear of vaccine but that many don't want the A-Z vaccine but are waiting for Moderna or Pfizer. We actually are scheduled for Normandy in Sep but I'll likely cancel unless the Switzerland trip just proceeding it goes.

• Hello! We are scheduled for the Normandy trip in Late September and are praying that we get to go. My husband and I are both vaccinated and President Macron’s statement gave us some hope. Do you know when a decision will be made? I would prefer not to buy plane tickets until we know for sure, but of course, the longer we wait, the more expensive the tickets become. Sadly, I don’t think anyone is able to determine yet where we’ll be by September so I’m just going to stay optimistic and hope for the best.

• We're on the 12 Sep start and already have airfare booked thru Tauck air debt starting with our Switzerland tour then France. If they cancel one or both tours they'll cancel or rebook the airfare as needed with no loss on our part. I had to sweat out getting our money back last year from Delta and don't want to go thru that again.

I have read that Air France is scheduling more direct flights to Paris from the U.S. so you might want to check out Delta/Air France.

• Waiting to book air could be a problem in some areas. Our flights that I booked to St. Maarten were very open two weeks ago. Today they are totally sold out.

• I know you can frequently save by booking yourself but this year I think it makes a lot of sense to have Tauck air do it. The hard part to predict this year is whether airlines will be adding/changing schedules more than in a normal year. They certainly want to take advantage of a return to travel if possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file