Options

August 6th tour

We are taking the tour that starts on August 6. 2021. Are there any of the Tauck travelers on this board that are also taking the Switzerland tour on this date? This will be our third try to take this trip. We had to cancel in 2019 for a medical reason. Covid-19 canceled all travel in 2020. We are hoping the third time will be the charm.

Comments

• Options

All tours are canceled up to July 31st. Doesn’t look good for the rest of the summer in Europe.

• Options

Wundernkc - I'm on the tour that begins August 29th and am hopeful that our tours will take place. I'm in the same situation as you - this is our third and probably final try to get to Switzerland. Had to cancel in 2019 for medical reasons of a family member, then Covid and now waiting to hear about this years trip. Good luck to you!!!

• Options

13 August trip, also third attempt. CDC still has Switzerland at level 4 (do not travel). Not looking good at this point. Will try for #4 if needed.

• Options

The CDC managed to find their head using both hands today. (Masks). Perhaps they will start looking at their plethora of level ‘4s’.

• Options

I understand, and I would travel to a ‘level four’, but would Tauck take us to a level four? I think in the case of our canceled June K&T the answer was no. Both Kenya and Tanzania are currently level four, and not likely to change soon. There may have been other issues like hotels and transportation. But, having done the trip before I know there is very little contact with the local population. I thought traveling in a vaccinated group had a chance, but it didn’t happen.

• Options

So I never got my postcard

• Options

I’ll send you one from Sint Maartin.

• Options

🤪Oh dear, St Martin is the only Caribbean island I’d never return too, didn’t like it!

• Options

Sealord - A postcard from St Martin won't do. You claimed loud and long that you'd be sending the postcard from Arusha this summer. That's what we expect! :D

• Options

Ok yes! If Sealord sends a card from Arusha, I’ll send one from the Wildlife Odessy trip!

• Options

I have a gift of time for June 24, 2022 at the Gran Malia Arusha ... I’ll send a picture of us checking in.

• Options

Sealord - No one will be around in June of 2022 to received your picture. We will all be out touring!!! Now if you send it in June 2021 as you originally claimed you would, then that would be impressive.

• Options

• Options

• Options

If only...

• Options
    edited May 2021

Here is your postcard from the Gran Malia Arusha ... sent somewhat remotely. (;-)

• Options

The Gran Malia is certainly a step up from the original Arusha hotel which we have stayed in three times.

• Options

The Gran Malia is certainly much more in the center of town. It looks like there is a golf course right across the street. That means the tour takes on even more appeal for golfers - a round pre-tour and then another round at the Mt Kenya Safari Club, mid-tour.

British - You'll miss Lake Deluti.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file