Why cancel the stop in Inverness?

We are booked on this sailing eastbound, Glasgow to Edinburgh, in May 2021. Tauck and/or Ponant have changed the itinerary from the 2020 plan so, for us, there will no longer be a stop in Inverness. Instead, we will have a “sea day” running down from the Shetland Islands to Edinburgh on Day 8. Not sure how I feel about a “sea day” on the North Sea. Plus, we were really looking forward to stopping in Inverness. Any advice?

Comments

• Inverness is a nice town. But more importantly, in my opinion, o would not choose to do Scotland via a ship on the North Sea. By land, these cities are about forty miles apart.

• I expect itineraries will be shifted around quite a bit. I suspect Inverness told Ponant they did not want a cruise ship ... even a small one. If Inverness is important to you, extend your trip a bit and do Inverness by train or car.

• Frncie left a message in 2020, so this answer is late. I was on one of the initial sailings in 2019. LOVED THIS TRIP! But wondered why we stopped at Inverness. We went to the castle tour, which was nice. They had a charming gift shop. But a bit of a let down after the Orkneys. Where we could have spent a week!!!

• Inverness is OK, but in reality it is more of a jumping off place for a land drive to Lock Ness and the iconic Urquhart Castle.

• The Orkneys are wonderful, highly recommend a visit there, you need several days to see everything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file