Options

Best of Hawaii

Was wondering if you had to choose between the 2 Helicopter tours offered, which would be the best?? Are the helicopters large ones? how many passengers??

Comments

• Options

I chose the longer tour. There were 6 passengers and the pilot, in 2 rows. I was lucky enough to be in the front, side seat, so I had windows to the front and to the side. We were disappointed that weather conditions precluded our flying over the volcanos, but it was still a great trip. Some people did both tours. I didn't.

• Options

Just a word of caution. If you are subject to motion sickness, be aware. On our last BofH tour, one in our group got very sick on the Kauai flight.
    Most really enjoyed it.

MCD Anyone get sick the day you took the tour.

• Options

Travel Guy -- None of us got sick on the tour that was on the Big Island.

• Options

We are taking the BoH tour in February and we are planning to do both heli flights.

• Options

Long trip on the Big Island and seeing the lava flow was very enjoyable. The one on Kauai was a bit more adventurous along the NaPali coast but very scenic views.

• Options

Helo flights along the NaPali coast and nearby Waimea Canyon are breathtaking!

• Options

Thanks for those beautiful pictures.....I have done helicopter ride in Australia and Alaska and did fine, but do get a bit claustrophobic if it is too warm. We were planning on both rides ....will make our decision soon. Thanks for the input.

• Options

We did the heli ride along the Napoli coast years ago and it was wonderful. We also did a catamaran tour which was another way of seeing some of the views. Perhaps there is an opportunity for you to do something like that.

• Options

Seas the Day
    4:53PM
    Thanks for those beautiful pictures.....I have done helicopter ride in Australia and Alaska and did fine, but do get a bit claustrophobic if it is too warm. We were planning on both rides ....will make our decision soon. Thanks for the input.

The outfit we booked is no longer in business. There wasn't much chance for claustrophobia- big plexiglass canopy, NO DOORS :o , and there was only the two of us and the pilot! I like the small helos because you can't get stuck in the middle of a 3 person bench seat.

FYI- who can identify which movie shot scenes at the natural arch in my second photo? :D

• Options

Was it a Harrison Ford Movie?

• Options

Jurassic Park?

• Options

The cowardly flagger is up early this morning.

British - better for Harrison Ford to be in a movie than flying a plane!

• Options

British
    7:22AM
    Was it a Harrison Ford Movie?

No, arrrrgh!

TravelGuy
    9:44AM
    Jurassic Park?

No, but one scene in Jurassic Park (where the stars hid from dinosaurs amongst some large tree roots) was filmed at Allerton Garden on the south side of Kauai. The trees and huge roots were real, but the grassy field in the background in the movie and of course the dinosaurs were CGI. :D

• Options

I’ve been there!

• Options
    edited October 2021

It's a long way from where it should be filmed but I believe it is "Pirates of the Caribbean – On Stranger Tides"

• Options

Eye matey, you be correct. Jack Sparrow, be there. Arrrghhh :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file