first Riverboat experience

Wondering how casual the dress is for dinner on this Rendezvous on the Seine Riverboat Cruise. We are on the May 31 tour. Thanks

Comments

• I haven't been on this particular cruise but have been on other Tauck river cruises. I would suggest bringing one dressier outfit (which can be a dress or skirt or dress pants with a fancier top) and for most nights, just wear a nice top (e.g., not a t-shirt) and dress slacks.

• edited May 2022

NAllen,

You will find a range of responses regarding dress on riverboat tours. If you enjoy dressing up for evening meals like we do, then do so. Shorts, t-shirts and sneakers should be avoided in the main dining room for dinner, however. Slacks and buttoned shirts are fine for men; slacks and dressy tops are fine for women. You might wish to be a bit more formal for the signature meal and for the farewell dinner but this is just my preference, not a rule.

• I second the comment from kfnknfzk. I am doing the same cruise at the end of October - it will be my sixth Tauck river cruise. I, too, like to dress up for dinner. Over the years I have learned to bring things like jersey-type pants and dressier tops with some fun jewelry. They don't weigh much and I can wear the same pants with a few different tops.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file