Options

July 6th, 2022 Blue Danube: Family Riverboat Adventure - Eastbound

After 3 years of waiting, we are so ready to travel internationally as an extended family again (my in-laws, my brother in-law and us with 2 kids). Fingers crossed that this trip goes off without uneventfully! There is still a lot of availability on this tour (as well as all the others) so it may be a small group overall. The Cat 7 room looks spectacular, but it comes with the caveat of having with the 2 kids with us. As much as I tried, I couldn't pawn one off on their uncle (traveling solo). Shocking. :D We made arrangements to extend the trip one day on each end. This will allow us to explore Munich and Budapest a bit, while the rest of the family is coming right in the day of the cruise. Personally I think it is less risky, and more refreshing to have given ourselves one day to recover from the flights. Right now, I've been having fun just researching restaurants for some local flavors (that are also great for casual dining with teens) for those extended nights.

For those that may be interested:
As of March 23rd 2022 [from Tauck] - there are 6 boys- ages 12-19 years old and 6 girls- ages 11-17 years old*

• it can obviously change closer to departure, but I haven't asked since March as I might not get a reply by the time we leave.

Comments

• Options

I don't know the ages of your kids so don't know if they qualify, but a fun (and educational) thing to do in Munich is take a Segway tour. We did that several years ago and it was fabulous. It was the first time my wife and I rode a Segway- 5 min. to learn how, and in 15 min. you are a pro!!! Our guide was a Brit with incredible knowledge and even better sense of humor!

• Options
    edited May 2022

AlanS
    I don't know the ages of your kids so don't know if they qualify, but a fun (and educational) thing to do in Munich is take a Segway tour. We did that several years ago and it was fabulous. It was the first time my wife and I rode a Segway- 5 min. to learn how, and in 15 min. you are a pro!!! Our guide was a Brit with incredible knowledge and even better sense of humor!

13 and 15 and my wife found that tour. I was intrigued! But it does look like age requirement is 14. Bummer.

• Options

I would give them a call. If the 13 year old is at all athletic and maybe 13 and a half (wink, wink), they might might make an exception. It really was a wonderful tour and safe. You cover a lot of sites, and like with a Tauck tour the guide makes a big difference. With just a few exceptions you travel on via VERY WIDE bike lanes, sidewalks, trails, etc. Even when on the road you travel in special lanes. The group size was a max of 8 so guide was easily able to keep track of everyone, and we didn't leave the training area until everyone was comfortable (during training you start out at the reduced speed setting until everyone was ready.) I've got it all on video using my GoPro attached to a helmet.

• Options

The kid's Tauck Bridges Backpacks (which are very nice BTW), water bottles, playing cards and Rubik's cubes arrived on Saturday! I guess this trip is officially going! Woot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file