Covid Testing Requirement Lifted?

US will end Covid-19 testing requirement for air travelers entering the country
The Biden administration is expected to announce Friday that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will lift its requirement for travelers to test negative for Covid-19 before entering the US, according to a senior administration official.

Read in CNN Politics: https://apple.news/AdopfnEqRSx6xJ1rYFfiVPA

Also reported in The Wall Street Journal. Hopefully, it is true!

Comments

• Oops...you beat me to this! I also posted. Looks like they'll re-evaluate in 90 days, but looks like a step in the right direction.

• edited June 2022

It's been announced officially. Effective this Sunday, June 12, 2022, COVID tests are not required to enter the US. They'll re-evaluate in 90 days, but I take that to mean they'll start looking at it in 90 days. So, it's probably good until the end of the year, as a minimum.

But that means there will be people on the aircraft with active cases of COVID, maybe sitting next to you.

• Yes! What a relief!I can’t imagine this requirement will be reinstated given the current status of Covid-19 in spite of variants:lower morbidity,effective antiviral meds and fairly decent vaccination and booster rates.The threat of quarantine in an unfamiliar place for uncertain duration no longer need to spoil our vacation enjoyment.There is a God after all.