Options

French Escapade: Paris to the Riviera 2022

Has anyone taken this tour in the past year? Anyone going this August? I'm booked! Would love to hear any experiences, positive or negative. Any advice? How were the tour directors? Hotels? Covid issues? Etc. Thank you!

Comments

• Options

Same here. Would love any information. We are booked for Sept 1 departure.

• Options

Hi judybh & Choc, We're booked on the July tour (southbound). Anyone who's taken the trip this year & has any info. it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Options

We are booked on the September 30th. trip. Looking for comments as well on this cruise and surprised not to see more.

• Options

Keep in mind that only a small number of Tauck customers follow the forum and a smaller number actually particpate. In 8 tours I've only met 3 who who did and one admitted she just read posts. You could try reading some of the older posts on this tour or other Rhone tours. If you have specific questions you might ask them and have better luck. Our first Tauck tour was a Rhone cruise back in 2014. Became Tauck fans after that.

• Options

As Claudia noted... check out "Taste of France" - a similar (shorter) Tauck cruise on the Rhône with some of the same ports and excursions.

• Options

Since hardly anyone commented on this post I looked on facebook and found some Tauck related travel groups. There were more posts and more responses there.

• Options

The similar tour is "Savoring France"...we were on it in April. "Escapades" spends time in the south of France while Savoring France goes to Arles and returns to Lyon. We originally had booked "Escapades " three times in 2020, believing the pandemic wouldn't last through 2020...my, were we naive. Having spent a week in Monte Carlo in the mid 2000's, we opted for the shorter Rhone River trip...no regrets. France is wonderful...you will love your trip and September would be a great time to be there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file