Options

Dining at Ashford Castle in George V Dining Room

I'm on the August 4th small group Ireland tour. I see on the itinerary we are at the Ashford Castle for 2 nights and both nights have an included dinner. Are either of those dinners in the George V Dining Room? Do we have the option to eat at any of their dining locations?

Comments

• Options

When we took this tour the George V Dining Room was one of the choices for dinner, along with Cullen's and one other that I'm not sure of.

• Options

Cullens on the Green(?) and the Dungeon are the other two options. Your choice. The dungeon is VERY casual.

• Options

We did this tour July 2019 before the world went crazy. We did not eat dinner in the George V dining room because it was too dress formal for us on an informal trip. But we did eat breakfast there both mornings and really enjoyed it. One night for dinner we ate in the Dungeon which was as Alan says very informal was fun and they had great steaks! The other night we ate at Cullens which sits outside Ashford alone and is primarily a seafood place although they do have other things on the menu. I'm not a seafood eater and food some good things on the menu. This way we were able to eat at all three places. It was a great trip ! some pictures of George V and Cullens below Have fun!

• Options
    edited July 2022

I’ll add a few photos of Cullen’s at the Cottage. (I picked my own lobster, too. 😀 )

Evidently, I did not feel the dungeon was picture-worthy. It may even have had long wooden tables and benches?

(Walt’s photo rotated)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file