Options

Krampus

I know that Krampus's night for mischief is Dec. 5 and that it is largely an alpine tradition. But I was wondering if Krampus made any appearances at Christmas Markets along the Danube prior to his night?

Comments

• Options

In order to answer your question, it would be best if you can know what city or village you’re visiting along the Danube on December 5th. Cities like Vienna or Salzburg could have a Krampus parade and in the smaller villages, Krampus visits several houses. You have time to contact the tourist office and learn more.

• Options

I remember when "Charlie" (one of the Tauck directors) popped up wearing a "Krampus" costume/mask on our Tauck Christmas Markets on the Danube riverboat cruise a few years ago. It was unexpected and he was terrific. :-)

• Options

Charlie was the best!!! We too, met him on a Christmas cruise up the Danube and he had his "Krampus" on for us. We also had him as our TD on the Canyon Lands trip a couple of years later. Marvelous guide and so very knowledgeable as well. Thanks for bringing back a memory!

• Options
    edited September 2022

Mentioning "Charlie," he was also one of the Tauck tour directors on Tauck's "Kentucky Derby Event" (unfortunately, it was the last time Tauck offered that Event tour. Sigh.) Charlie was quite knowledgable re the Derby and he opted to stay outdoors down on the field where the horses were running rather than in one of the suites inside (where I was at). :-)

• Options
    edited September 2022

Yes, Charlie has been working with Tauck since he left college. He lead our Desert Oasis tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file