Options

China, Yangtze and Hong Kong

Is Tauck planning travel to China, Yangtze and Hong Kong for 2023

Comments

• Options

Looks like it.

• Options

Chengdu, one of the major areas on the tour is closed down right now. I just don’t see things changing in the near future. China doesn’t need tourists. One advantage, lots of popular tourist destinations for the Chinese are quieter now.

• Options

I've been to many of the China coastal cities on business, but have not traveled inland. I'd like to do a "China tour" someday. I hope it will be possible soon.

• Options

It was a great trip!

• Options

We have been to China twice and just loved it! I think it was Chendu where we had a lovely experience with the Panda bears. Also, the city of Xian was a unique experience seeing the TerraCotta Warriors. Every one of them was different and looked so real. Mike, I may be wrong about this but I think when you were working you were an engineer. My husband is a retired engineer who just loved the Three Gorges Dam and really enjoyed the lectures. I found the lectures very boring.

• Options

We loved our Tauck China trip in 2009...so grateful we went then. I find it interesting that the trip is listed as available yet China doesn't show up on Travel Country Updates or Requirements! Considering the 14 day quarantine, testing and Visas...not sure why anyone would book this trip...I question it becoming realistic to travel there for months to come.

• Options

We loved this trip when we did it in 2018, and I hope you get the opportunity to go. The way things are going there right now it is hard to posit the trip running next year, but hopefully it can and will. Beyond Covid there is another consideration. China has had a tremendous drought this year, so much so that parts of the Yangtze are at the River bed. This is particularly the case in Chongqing where the 3-day sail segment begins. Assuming that improves, note that the level of the River impacts upon the number of steps you need to climb during excursion stops along the way such as at Fuling, etc....., and may or may not be good for you.

• Options

We took this trip in 2011 and also thought it was great tour. In addition to wonderful sites, we learned so much about the culture. Sevenseas, your comments about steps reminded me of one of our stops along the Yangtze -

• Options

I did this trip in 2017. While I enjoyed the trip, I thought the 3 day cruise on the Yangtze was boring and a waste of time. The highlight for me was winning 5 of the 6 categories in the trivia contest they had onboard. I had a bunch of stuffed pandas to give away as gifts when I got home :) Subsequently, they introduced a land-only tour, which I would have done if it was available at the time.

• Options

I am so glad we took this trip in 2013.The trip included Yangtzee river cruise.With the current situation both politically and medically I would not want to risk anything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file