Anyone ever day trip to Chesky Krumlov from Linz stop?

My husband and I are taking the Tauck Christmas Market cruise from Vienna on Dec.13. Being Czech he would really like to day trip to Chesky Krumlov vs. Salzburg. We have seen Salzburg a few different times. Does anyone happen to know of a private guide that would pick us up at the ship and take us there? Thanks!

Comments

• Tauck offers Chesky Krumlov as an excursion choice on the Blue Danube River trip…it was one of our favorite towns. I hope you can find a way to go…

• edited November 2022

SusanChgo
    9:04PM in Christmas Markets Along the Danube
    My husband and I are taking the Tauck Christmas Market cruise from Vienna on Dec.13. Being Czech he would really like to day trip to Chesky Krumlov vs. Salzburg. We have seen Salzburg a few different times. Does anyone happen to know of a private guide that would pick us up at the ship and take us there? Thanks!

I don't know about the logistics of having one of their guides pick you up in Linz, but you might want to give PragueWalker a call to see what they can do. They are highly recommended by Rick Steves (his photo is on the website homepage and they appear in one of his videos) and receive high ratings from TripAdvisor. We hired them for a day trip from Prague to Cesky Krumlov before the start of the Blue Danube Cruise (so we could also do the Salzburg excursion later in the tour.) Tereza was our guide, she was fantastic. We also had her for a tour of the Jewish Quarter in Prague. I'm sure Viator will also have a number of guides/tours and you may find someone from Tours by Locals.

The castle is open year-round and there is "an adorable" XMAS market in Svornosti Square. Read more here: https://www.ourescapeclause.com/cesky-krumlov-in-winter/

• Thank you! I did look in the Rick Steves Prague book and found a guide!

• I did but it was summertime, I would email your hotel, they should be able to book a day tour for you, if not look under Viator or tours by locals another one TripAdvisor.

• went to Cesky Kumlov 2016 taking the Blue Danube trip. Charming town. Had lunch at a cafe called Jakub. Delicious food. We enjoyed the day trip

• We enjoyed our trip to Cesky Krumlov on our Royal Danube cruise.We we’re surprised to see an article in Forbes 9/27/22 about it calling C K as Europe’s Fairy tale hidden gem.Coincidentally the article wrote about the restaurant Laibon a vegan restaurant that we had lunch by the Vltava river.

• https://www.forbes.com/sites/miriamporter/2022/09/27/esk-krumlov-is-europes-fairytale-hidden-gem/
    Nice write up with helpful tips .

The guide was the best;very knowledgeable and passionate!Forgot her name.

• edited November 2022

Thank you for posting your photos sudhamali, I was on the Royal Danube trip July 31 to Aug. 13 and we had the same young lady tour guide in Česky Krumlov. I cannot remember her name either but she left a lasting impression though l think her hairdo was somewhat wilder then.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file