Options

Lisbon Must See List

I am spending 2 post nights in Lisbon after Douro River Cruise in May. I am wanting some suggestions for things to see and do that Tauck doesn’t include. I am open to day trips as all suggestions are welcome. I have tour books but find personal experiences are usually the best. Thank you in advance and happy traveling.

Comments

• Options

Thank you Folsomdoc I love the reading suggestion. Kfnknfzk thank you for the suggestions. I love to hear what others have found interesting to see.

• Options

We did the Tile Museum which is interesting but a little out of the way. There is so much tile on the buildings in Portugal and the museum taught us a lot about it. The concierge was helpful in giving us directions via metro & bus - though I think he thought we should have taken a cab. Probably right. There is an English language audio guide app you can download to your phone before leaving home.

I second the recommendation on Time Out market. It's a huge food court with seating in the middle. Very popular. Lots of variety. We went on a weekday in late Oct and had trouble finding a place to sit until almost 1:30.

And yes, it's a hilly town and most of the sidewalks are cobble stone. Lovely designs, but tricky walking especially if you're busy looking at everything else.

On food, I'd recommend James Blick's Spain Revealed YouTube food video on Portugal. He was one of the founders of Devour Tours which Tauck contracts with in Madrid for the tapas walking tour we had. They also have food tours in Lisbon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file