Options

Trip to Normandy

I am thinking of taking a bus trip from Paris to Normandy. Any suggestions from anyone who may have done it. I know it is a long day but something I want to do. Thanks

London to Paris Oct 15, 2023

Comments

• Options

Normandy is a region in France not a town. What is your goal for the day?

• Options

I would like to tour the D Day beaches.

• Options

We took the train from Paris to tour Normandy
    It was easy and faster than the bus

• Options

Thank you! Did you arrange it yourself or a travel agent? Bus is at least 12 to 14 hours - how long was it for you by train.

• Options

Not sure what kind of bus takes 12 to 14 hours, but on the Normandy, Brittany, Paris & Loire Valley tour, the Tauck bus only takes a few hours, and that is with a stop at Giverny!

• Options

Patty
    We didn’t use a travel agent
    We had a private tour guide who picked us up at the train station in Caen and I bought the train tickets online
    I wish I could remember the tour guides name but it’s been a few years

• Options
    edited June 2023

Ed, the guy who provides the local Normandy and D-Day guide services for Tauck and is excellent, has his own company. He is from Ireland but now lives in France. He was truly fantastic!

• Options

The first time I went to Normandy I had a lousy tour guide … me. I rented a car in LaHavre and bought a map. We missed a lot. So the next time we hired a professional tour company and went in a van with perhaps six other people. This was a far superior experience. However you get there, hire professionals to guide you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file