Options

hot dog stand

I am grasping at straws with this crazy question but I will ask anyway..... We are on the Amsterdam to Budapest tour in Sept. I just called Tauck to ask about the free time we have on the afternoon of day 2. He could actually tell me that it is from 12:30 to 3:30 and the coach will pick us up at the hot dog stand to take us to the ship. Does anyone know which or where the hot dog stand is located? Just a general idea would help. There is one at Vonelpark which would make sense but someone may know for sure.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options

That's a new one on me. As it's Day 2 you'll be on cruise and they will likely have maps with it marked. Since that's the day you have your museum visit and canal cruise my bet would be in that area or near the Albert Cuyp Market. That's where they usually arrange pickup for those who want to stay in town. Most everything else is in easy walking distance of the ship. The market is fun with lots of souvenirs and food vendors. My favorite are the Poffertjes (tiny puffy pancakes) or Stroopwafels.

• Options

Claudia, you gave me the answer I needed. Thank you!
    To expalin my weird question --- Four of us are going to Amsterdam 4 days before our cruise.. I am in charge ofour itinerary since I have been previously. I was trying to decide what we should save for that free time Tauck provides on day 2. I had suspected that pick up would be close to the museums and you confirmed it. Albert Cuyp Market is on our list so it sounds like the perfect time to go.

Mil, I wanted to know before we meet our TD since we will be there several days before the tour begins other wise I would be asking him.
    It is safe to say we are not interested in the hot dogs -- just getting picked up. :-)

Thanks!

• Options

Birder, we did this cruise the opposite direction and added 3 days after. We used that to visit the Van Gogh museum, the Maritime Museum and took the bus out to see windmills at Zaanse Schans. So much to see in Amsterdam.

As mil mentioned, the river cruise ships typically dock between the central train station and the cruise docks for the big ships.

• Options

I should have mentioned that while we are at the museum and canal tour the ship will be moved to Niijmegen so we will not be able to walk to the ship should we miss the pick up.

• Options

Mil, Yes, this is a cruise. It will be my third Tauck trip from Amsterdam. We will board the ship at the usual dock but for some reason they will move the ship to Nijmegen while we are on tour day 2. I assume the ship loses it spot right in the city. I have seen that happen on other cruises in various towns.

Rest assured, we will not be looking for food anywhere that day as we will be well fed by Tauck. The reason I asked about a hot dog stand is because the Tauck agent I talked to yesterday told me that the pick up location afater free time is a hot dog stand. I just wondered if anyone knew which one.. He just didnt know which one of the many hot dog stands in Amsterdam. :-) I think that Claudia has told me what I need to know. I am so sorry for all the confusion. That is what happens when I try to plan a trip and please 4 people! :-)

Claudia, I believe you recommended the Maritime Museum a while back. You seem to recommend places and things that I would enjoy so I have it on our list.

I appreciate all the help! Thanks!

• Options

Interesting Birder. Then for sure the TD will make sure you know where to meet. Given the ship is gone the location could be different than I've seen on past tours.

There's a whole hidden world governing where these ships have to be and where.

• Options

Birder49, my husband and I just returned from a week in Amsterdam, and we agreed our best experience was at The Resistance Museum. It was a taxi ride from the central historic canal district where we were staying but so worth it. If you do go, be sure to ask for Rutgers, a funny and fascinating fellow who works there Tot ziens!

• Options
    milmil
    edited June 2023

:s

• Options

Ladybombay, Thanks, I am glad to hear since It is actually top on my list. I was there about 10 years ago and look forward to seeing it again since it has been re-done.
    The Maritime museum is also tops on my list. Claudia Sails recommended it and I have not been.
    We are also doing the usual, Anne Frank House, Rembrandt house, Van Gogh museum and a few other odds and ends. The people we are traveling with have never been and I am happy to repeat. I learn more each time.
    Mil, I am afraid that you and I would never be able to tour together but I would sure love to go to the all the places you have traveled.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file