Options

Switzerland : Europes Crown Jewel 2024

edited July 2023 in Switzerland

I would love some info on your experiences on this trip. We are looking at May 2024. We are torn between this one and the Alps and Dolomites. The scenery on the Crown Jewel looks amazing !
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank You 😊

Comments

• Options

We have been on both trips and enjoyed them both.

Personally, I preferred the Alps and Dolomites because of the variety of places we visited. Munich, Salzburg - the Eagle's Nest and salt mines, Cortina d'Ampezzo - learning about fighting in the Dolomites during WWI, Otzi in Bolzano, Mt. Titlis outside of Lucerne, going up a ski jump. While the scenery is not as spectacular as in parts of Switzerland, it is also impressive.

I think that you do want to experience both tours and the question becomes which you want to do first.

You mention going in May. I'd look into the weather for both trips to see if either would be problematic. The May trips are the first of the year for both itineraries, It snowed in July when we went up the Jungfraujoch and driving through the passes in the Dolomites could be an issue.

• Options
    edited July 2023

We did Ultimate Alps starting in mid-June in 2014 (wow- almost 10 years ago!). The weather was perfect, but we needed a light jacket or vest at the top of some mountains like the Zugspitze and the summit of the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. IMHO, culturally and historically, Germany and Austria are more interesting than Switzerland.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file