Options

How much for laundry?

I'm going to be onboard the ms Grace for 16 days, and spending 3 days in Amsterdam prior to the cruises. I'm going to have to have laundry done onboard. Anyone know how much it costs and who do I contact about getting it done?

Comments

• Options

NashvilleCat -- There should be a laundry bag in the closet in your room. Inside will be a list of items they clean and the cost. You mark the list with the items you want cleaned, put them in the bag with the list and the room attendant will take the bag when she cleans your room. It is returned the next day. Easy. They are always nicely done no matter which ship we have been on. I thought I had brought a price list from our trip this past Sept but can't locate it right now.
    We were on the MS Treasures for 14 days and used the laundry three times and our total cost was about 150 euros. We really loaded up the bag each time. We sent items like pants and shirts or tops. Hope this gives you some idea.

Birder

• Options

On your last day in Amsterdam, you can find a local laundromat and do laundry that way and you’ll save some big bucks. You can look online first to see where the laundromats are. It will just take a little time in your day. I would bring along my own laundry detergent. We recently did that in France, and it was rather amusing trying to understand the local laundry and drying machines. My husband is a wiz figuring these things out quickly, and had to show other tourists who were doing laundry at the same time. It made for a very funny memory.

• Options
    edited December 2023

This was posted in 2014:
    the list of Laundry prices on the Jewel class riverboats.

{I was on a river boat 2 months ago and these prices seemed comparable}

Laundry Price List For Riverboats
    (No Dry Cleaning)
    (Prices are in euros)
    Ladies
    []Dress - 8.00
    [
    ]Dress without sleeves - 7.00
    []Blouse - 6.50
    [
    ]Blouse without sleeves - 6.00
    []Pleated Skirt - 7.00
    [
    ]Trousesrs, long, short - 6.00
    []Shorts - 5.00
    [
    ]Pullover - 6.00
    []Bathrobe - 4.50
    [
    ]Bathing suit, Bikini - 3.00
    []Petticoat, waist slip - 2.50
    [
    ]Bra - 2.00
    []Underpants - 2.75
    [
    ]Vest - 2.75
    []Stockings (pairs) - 2.00
    [
    ]Socks (pair) - 2.00
    []Nightdress - 5.00
    [
    ]Nightgown - 6.00
    []T-Shirt - 5.00
    [
    ]Sweaters - 5.50
    [*]Handkerchief - 1.25

Gentlemen
    []Jacket (cotton only) - 10.00
    [
    ]Trousers - 8.00
    []Shorts - 6.00
    [
    ]Shirt - 6.50
    []Shirt (casual) - 6.00
    [
    ]Dress Shirt - 7.60
    []Ties - 5.00
    [
    ]Pullover - 6.00
    []Bathrobe - 4.50
    [
    ]Swimming Trunk - 3.00
    []Underpants - 2.75
    [
    ]Vest - 2.75
    []Socks (pair) - 2.00
    [
    ]Nightgown - 6.00
    []T-Shirt - 5.00
    [
    ]Sweaters - 5.50
    [*]Handkerchief - 1.25

• Options

Thank you Birder, OurTravels, and Nancy for the helpful information. I've used the laundry service on ocean cruises but not on a river cruise. I'm a 4 star mariner on Holland America and get free laundry. What a godsend that was on a 31-day cruise.

• Options

So true 😂😂

• Options

I totally understand but I was referring to doing laundry in between trips if only leaving a handful of days before a Tauck tour starts. That’s all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file