Options

Backpack, sling bag or what for daily group trips?

Going on this trip soon and wondering when on the group trips what type of bag is best to carry? Should I use a backpack for the water bottle, jacket, purse, and camera, or is there a bus or van that I can leave those things in when stopping to see various sights and consequently take something smaller? Is a sling bag (glorified fanny pack) too small or just right? My experience is with river cruising in which there was a bus we could leave various things on when stopping for a particular sight. Will it be the same for the AUS/NZ day trips?

Comments

• Options

Yes, exactly the same.

• Options

Thank you, British!! That helps a lot.

• Options

On my previous Tauck trips, the bus was always locked and watched by the driver, so we were encouraged to leave larger items on the bus, making a sling bag (for me at least) a preferred way to carry a few small items.

• Options

I agree with all of the above comments.I use a foldable nylon Samsonite backpack. I leave it on the coach s when not needed. It is completely safe with the driver. I do not carry a purse.I usually have a very small lightweight fabric cross-body pouch that's big enough to hold my iPhone, credit card, foreign currency and hotel key card

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file