Options

April 18, 2024

Received our excursion choices today. Any recommendations on which are most worthy of the very long coach rides?

Comments

• Options

We went on that a couple of years ago, it was a fabulous river cruise. I can’t remember all the excursions. Which ones are you perplexed about? I was not interested in Draculas castle so my family and I opted for the other one. I believe it was a palace which was interesting and beautiful as well. You can send me a private message if you wish. All excursions are really good; it just depends on your interest.

• Options

We are on this cruise in June and would be very interested in thoughts on excursions and what people thought were the highlights. Will definitely write a detailed trip report. Thx.

• Options

We are booked on this cruise East bound, starting June 28.
    Mother Of Poodles, which one are you on? Would enjoy meeting you if you are booked on the same one.

• Options

It was a very nice cruise. Cruising through the locks of the Iron Gate was fascinating.
    If I remember correctly, the exchange rate in Romania was fabulous. I needed some meds and I could not believe how inexpensive it was. I then stocked up on some cosmetics I liked from the same pharmacy. Just a thought. You’re not in Romania long.

• Options

OurTravels34 - Bulgaria also has some amazing facial products. Pure ingredients...low prices.

• Options

I think it was Budapest where our tour director highly recommended a particular face cream at a great price. I bought some for myself and got some as a gift for a friend..She was not happy, thinking I was hinting she looked old 😟

• Options

Yes, that product line is https://www.omorovicza.com/
    I went inside the store and it offered samples in Budapest.

• Options

Eminence (Hungary/Organic) is also good, especially their calendula lotion and cream for dry skin. Time permitting I always try to visit pharmacies when traveling abroad just to look at the myriad of skin care products.

• Options

Kfnkfnzk: I do the same. In France, Christian Dior cosmetics cost less than in the states as well as the Longchamp handbags.

• Options

I looked at the website, the cream I bought was very cheap, not that expense stuff. It was excellent , I look like a teenager 😀

• Options

GeraldBailey - I do hope you are enjoying our suggestions for fun excursions! Have a wonderful time and please report back! Safe and rewarding travels.

• Options

We’re on your sailing! We chose the Peles Palace after talking to friends who did it and watching a YouTube video on Which castle should you choose in Romania?

• Options

I al so I did the Peles Palace a couple of years ago. It was spectacular.

• Options

susanaed…thanks for the advice. Will watch the video. Looking forward to meeting you

• Options

They could change the policy but in our last two river cruises that had preselected excursion choices, we were allowed to change our minds once on the tour. The TDs gave us more information and a chance to ask questions. If you wanted to switch you could. It's nice to do some research beforehand but don't worry if you submit your choice then change your mind. They are mostly just trying to gauge the interest level.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file