Options

Current tour insights during Israel Gaza conflict

We are booked on the Jordan/Egypt tour starting Feb 5th 2024 and wondered if anyone currently or just returned from the same tour can share any details of their experiences traveling so close to this nearby conflict. We fly into Amman on British Airways arriving at 11.30pm and hope that the immigration and customs will be smooth for late night arrivals. Also wondered if there have been any changes to the tour itinerary north and west of Amman due to the conflict. Appreciate any comments and input from fellow travelers.

Comments

• Options

I took this tour (ended early December). It was peaceful then. As for immigration & customs: you are met by a person who will take care of all of that for you. It was the easiest arrival I have ever had in a foreign country.

• Options

Ditto, back in Mar '22.

• Options

Our tour start February 2nd, and with the bombing in Jordan and Americans dead I'm just wondering what would be the criteria for Tauck to cancel a trip. Insights?

• Options

Get it from the horse’s mouth and call Tauck.

• Options

Of course I've called them. They are 'watching it'. Thought someone here has had an experience with the cancellation of a trip.

• Options

Yes, I think most of us have had the experience, you just have to wait for Tauck to call and sometimes it can be very last minute

• Options

It is best to wait for Tauck to cancel to avoid administrative hassle and potential financial issues if you cancel on your own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file