Options

Anyone coming from NYC area and looked at flights?

Hi!

We're on the Essence of Japan trip departing May 20 ... we're looking at flights from any airport in the NYC area. Can anyone who has been looking or already booked give some insight on which airlines are good/best? Thanks!

Comments

• Options

Japan Airlines is very good

• Options

We are going on the 20th as well. I look forward to meeting you! We booked through United, but it's a ANA (Nippon air ) flight. We connect through Houston (one stop).

• Options

We leave in a couple of days for Japan. Non-stop from Boston Japan Airlines to Tokyo. I found the flight and had Tauck book it for me.

• Options

We flew JAL too

• Options

We are on the April 8th tour.
    We booked Premium Economy on Japan Airlines...gets great reviews.
    And they have a direct flight from JFK to Tokyo....
    Coming home, we will fly from Osaka (ITM) to Tokyo and then after a few hour layover, we fly from Tokyo back to NY.

• Options

We found the cheapest rates from Newark on United, Direct flight in, one stop coming home

• Options

We are flying United direct out of Newark and flying home on United from ITM to Tokyo back to Newark.

• Options

We are on May 20 as well! We booked United through LAX. Although we live in S. Florida stopping in LA for a few days prior. Looking forward to meeting you!

• Options

Thank you everyone! I look forward to meeting those on our same tour! @Monge10 ... question -- United ITM to Tokyo on United -- I don't see any flights like that is it into Narita? Thanks!

• Options

Some one on my last tour went on that United Newark direct flight to Tokyo in Polaris Class. It was a very long flight and it took her a few days to adjust and recover.

Best to try ANA or JAL business from California or Delta Business from Seattle. The return flight on ANA from Tokyo to SFO was only 9 hours 50 minutes.

• Options

@RachelForrest We are flying Newark direct into Haneda as this is closer to the hotel and then going home ITM into Haneda and then back to Newark.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file