Options

Ideas for day before 7/13/2023 tour in Reykjavik that are not covered by Tauck?

While we don't have the final schedule yet from Tauck we have been looking at what to do the day before?

Comments

• Options

A couple of low key things to do that are near the hotel (assuming Hilton Nordica is the hotel) are:
    a) simply walk around Reykjavik, exploring the shops, bakeries, the waterfront, etc.
    b) walk to and explore the botanical garden, perhaps stop in the restaurant there and get a snack.

You don't spend a lot of time in Reykjavik exploring on tour, you hit specific sites, is why I suggest just wandering. If you have more time you could look into things like helicopter rides over the volcanoes, etc. We had that scheduled for the day after the tour, but it was cancelled at the last minute due to weather.

• Options

We also took a free walking tour in Reykjavik. I enjoyed it and it was relatively brief. Then, did some more walking around on our own, and had one of the famous hotdogs.

• Options
    edited March 28

We did what Smiling Sam recommended - we just walked around Reykjavik. It's a very clean, safe city. There's a modern church there and you can take an elevator to the top. We did that tour in 2016 - https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2016Iceland-01.htm

We also took an excursion to ride the Icelandic horses. I had a done a lot of western riding as a young person but had not ridden in 50 years. You can see our experience with the ponies at https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2016Iceland-02.htm#Ponies

• Options

We are going to Iceland in June and are arriving 2 days early. We have booked a food tour as well as a tour of the South Coast thru Viator.

• Options

We enjoyed the experience of riding Icelandic horse;They take you through beautiful landscape;before the ride they show an instructional video and then guide you through out .Neither my husband nor me have ever been on a horse before but we thoroughly enjoyed it.We went in 2015; Hope they still offer this trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file