Options

Arriving a day early in Lake Como May 18 2024

We are traveling with college students. Are there any recommendations on what to see or do on our extra day. This will be our first time there and we want to make the most of it.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 7

You could go stay at one of George Clooney’s three homes there. Our tour there had an extended boat ride and we hit a couple restaurants. You would have to do some research to find ‘activities’. We saw homes and shops and restaurants and a nice lake, but not much else. We were on the Rhine River tour, so your land tour is probably quite different. British hates boats, and we hate buses. There is something for everyone. There is plenty of motor coach riding even on the small ship or river boat tours. But, they are not the primary source of transportation. We can’t wait to get on the boat and unpack once for most of the trip. We prefer to live out of a closet not a suitcase.

• Options

We went to Lake Como on our own back in 2015, so we had to figure out what to see. It was part of a longer trip in Italy. You can see what we did at
    https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2015Italy-03.htm#Como

• Options

I will be in Lake Como the end of April. There are ebike tours that I'm sure your college age children will enjoy. I have found AirBnB Experiences a good spot to find local activities. The conceirge at the hotel also gave me suggestions for my extra day activities.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file