Options

Le Dumont dUrville has left port

The Le Dumont dUrville, the ship to be used for the Iceland tours, has left its port of Caen. They are probably shaking off its dust before repositioning it to Reykjavik for the Iceland tours that start in June. I've been following it on the CruiseMapper website for some time. It's been sitting dockside in Caen for quite some time. Movement is good.

I'm getting excited for my June 30th tour!!! :D:D:D

Comments

• Options

I’ve been watching our next boat Windstar’s “Star Breeze”. It left Palermo where it has been for more than a year about a week ago, and it left Lisbon for St. Maarten about two days ago. I use an app called ‘Marine Traffic’. We plan on boarding her in Philipsburg on the 26th of June. The ship will arrive in St. Maarten on the 9th, and then do their ‘inaugural’ cruise on the 19th.

• Options

So that's what a floating Petri Dish looks like.

• Options

BKMD - Petri Dish sounds like a good name for a boat/ship. :D

We went to our first in theater movie last Friday in over a year. Everyone has to decide when and how they will resume activities that they abandoned during the heart of the pandemic. Iceland will be our third trip since becoming fully vaccinated (Jamaica and Las Vegas were the previous two).

Happy Travels to All.

• Options

I look forward to hearing about your Iceland trip Sam. I no longer see Ships as any more risky than they were before Covid. In fact, they could be better now there are no buffets, Thant’s a huge improvements in my book.

• Options

It looks like the ship is one day from Reykjavik. Ponant really plans this down to the minute. If the first tour starts on the 16th and the ship arrives some time on the 14th then they only have 1-1.5 days to stock/clean/etc and make the ship ready for the boarding of the first tour. I imagine they have to pay the Port for every minute that they are docked so they optimize to minimize the amount of time they are in port.

Will this first tour, that departs on the 16th, be Tauck's first international tour since shutting things down for the pandemic?

• Options

I suspect most provisioning, cleaning, etc. was already done in France.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Cathy - Was there any doubt? This is until we leave for Iceland.

• Options

Our ship the Star Breeze arrived in Sint Maarten a week early, but they are out cruising around today.

• Options

The count down clock is one thing I miss from the Tauck app. Have to log into my Delta app to get my fix.

• Options

I'm jealous :/

• Options

Now that the ship has arrived in Iceland I thought I'd start looking at weather. There appears to be a slight temperature difference between Tucson and Reykjavik. :D

• Options

No sandals needed at 48 degrees!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file