Options

Rüdesheim Christmas Market Closed -

Just saw this on the Rick Steves forums - from someone who lives in Frankfurt -
""News just came out early this morning that the Xmas market in Rüdesheim is now canceled. My guess is that other small towns with narrow streets and lanes will do the same. Big cities are different and the markets should happen.""

https://www.wiesbadener-kurier.de/amp/lokales/rheingau/ruedesheim/rudesheimer-weihnachtsmarkt-fallt-erneut-aus_24538234

Comments

• Options

That’s a shame. I enjoyed Rudesheim, but I think Cologne turned me off Christmas Markets. It was jam packed and I was just swept along by the crowd.

• Options

Well, I guess the premature cancellation of XMAS Mkts on the Rhine 2021 by Tauck last winter turned out to be a good move/good guess? I was a bit upset at the time, especially when it sunk in that it would be nearly two years before we could try again!!

Hopefully, with respect to XMAS Mkts 2022, the third time will be the charm. I booked our first attempt at XMAS Mkts on the Rhine 2020 in Oct 2018!!!! (I'll barely mention we had to cancel XMAS Mkts on the Rhine 2015.) Is there some sort of curse in play? :D