Has anyone on the forum traveled on the Silver Origin?

We are booked for late March 2022 trip and getting excited since our final payment is due this week. This is the most expensive trip we have done and a splurge.

I have some questions on the Origin. Do people dress up for dinner? Do they provide wetsuits? Any report or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• I should imagine they provide wetsuits because they do on the Isabela ll. Or you will certainly be able to rent one.

• We haven’t travelled on the Silver Origin but went to Iceland this past June on a sister ship called Silver Shadow. The food was fantastic and the service impeccable. We had our own butler which I thought was a little over the top but he was nice and helpful. People on Silversea tend to dress up more for dinner. We had one dinner that was very formal and men had tuxedos and the ladies wore long gowns. This July we are going to Alaska with Silversea but we noticed that Tauck also will be on the same ship as we are. Overall, I like Tauck better but maybe it is because we have travelled with them a lot more. The trip in June was our very first trip with Silversea. You will have a wonderful time.

• Hello, you may want to consider looking at Cruise Critic, go to the Silversea forum and then New Origin/Galapagos: June/July Reports/Details??. It looks like there is good information there from travelers who have previously traveled on the new ship already. When we went on the Silver Galapagos it was half Tauck and half Silversea guests. Safe travels!

• They do provide wetsuits and a mask and snorkel. You can take the mask and snorkel home. I don't remember people dressing formally at dinner.

The Silver Origin is a great ship. I recommend the Deluxe veranda cabins.

When we went (September 2021) there were only 10 Tauck people on the tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file