Options

Water purification

My wife and I are on the Hidden Galapagos & Peru tour beginning Sept 24. Our health center has recommended that we never drink water from any source except sealed bottles or take a water purification system with us to purify any other water - including brushing our teeth. How available is bottle water? We think the Silver Origin has water stations which I assume are safe -correct? How about hotels in Peru?

Comments

• Options

I have never been on any Tauck tour that has not provided ample bottled water.

• Options
    edited September 2022

Almost all modern ships make their own water from reverse osmosis. The Silver Origin does - I asked the chief engineer on the ship. That water is absolutely safe.

For the Peru part of the tour, Tauck had bottled water for us, and the hotels all provided bottled water. No one on our tour - September 2021 - had any problems at all. See https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2021-1Galapagos-01.htm for details of our tour.

• Options

Thanks for the replies British and Mike. Mke - we greatly appreciated your blog on this tour from 2021. Anyone going on this tour should definitely read it as it really lets one know what to expect.

• Options
    edited September 2022

Thank you, Jack, for your kind words about my blog. I try to do a good job on it, both for us (as a scrapbook) and for others who might be considering the same trip. I blog all of our travel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file