Options

The airport hotels at Doha airport, Qatar

We have used flights that go through Doha airport many times but never used the airport hotel for long layovers.
We are currently at the airport. We booked the Oryx hotel months ago without realizing there are two hotels here. One is called the Oryx airport hotel and one is called the Oryx Garden hotel.
When we deplaned, we headed to the airport lounge for a quick cup of tea and to see if we could get our seats nearer together on our next flight. We asked for directions to the hotel and that is when we found out there were two. The Oryx Airport hotel is located right next to the Hermes store near gate C 1. The Oryx Garden hotel is near gate C 14. The agent sent us to the wrong hotel. When we arrived at that one, they directed us to exactly near where we had just come from. On the way, we asked one of the many helpful airport people just to be sure and he did not seem to know which was which and said it was the other one. By this time at least WE knew which was which.
Check in was quick and efficient and the room very comfortable. The front desk will automatically give you a wake up call and tell you which your gate is when you check out.
I think the room cost $200 plus.
Hope this info helps other travelers.

Comments

• Options

Thank you, British. I was waiting for your report, before we booked. Just to verify, you will not need to go through security, correct?

• Options

When you arrive at Doha, follow the signs for Transfers. You go through there to get to the hotel but not after that. So once you leave the hotel you don’t go through security again, you just go straight to the gate.
    Security, last time we came through Doha in April, I felt sure we had to remove all electronics, cameras etc from our bags. We even had to take covers off our iPads. Going into security this time we did not have to but were told when we return for our US bound flight, we have to remove all of the above.

• Options

Thank you, British!

• Options

So British, which Oryx did you actually book? Airport or Garden? And which one did you eventually end up in?

• Options

Airport 😀

• Options

Timely that I see your post this afternoon since I booked a room (for 4) at the Oryx Airport Hotel for each direction of our trip just this morning. 1625 QAR in July 2024, and at current exchanges that is ~ $450. Check in after 2 pm, check out by 12 pm next day.

Seems like a great, easy, and practical way to sleep/refresh and not leave the airport. I looked at other hotels in the area (some cheaper and some more expensive), but leaving introduces lost eating and sleeping time. We looked at it as a streamlined way to get cleaned up, go get dinner, and then crash on real beds for some real sleep before the next days journey begins.

Couple of Facts:
    1. there are only 100 rooms - Don't expect to walk up and get a room. From everything I read it said book ahead.
    2. for a fee - you can use showers, pool, and some other amenities without staying at the hotel.
    3. you can also inquire about an hourly rate for the room if your layover/connection time dictates a shorter or alternative stay. minimum is 8 hours though.

• Options

Politics. I’m talking to foreigners right now who won’t even go to the US if Trump gets in again. I will travel with Qatar if it continues to treat me well

• Options

Let's keep politics off this forum- you can go other places online for that if so inclined!