Options

EVISA credit card getting declined from us to Tanzania

I have called both banks. They took block off. Yet can’t buy the online e visa. Still being denied. Banks saying it’s Tanzania. How did you all get yours thru?

Comments

• Options

I just kept trying!! First one went through first time. Second one took a week of trying every day. It finally went through around 8pm EST on a Sunday. So I am not sure if its the Tanzania servers that are getting overloaded or what, but just keep trying.Maybe trying in off hours might help. If the worst comes to the worst you can get one on arrival in Tanzania.But like me I am sure you would like to have it in hand before departing. Just in case.

• Options

The Visa upon arrival takes a long time. On our last trip we waited on the sidewalk for two hours for a family that arrived without visas.

• Options

I don’t think there is an option for a visa on arrival anymore, I think I read that on the visa information on the website

• Options

Looks like visa on arrival is still available. Though not the preferred option. I just pulled this from the Tanzania EVisa Website just now

• Options

You just have to hope that the plane you arrive on does not have people on your tour who are getting visas on arrival because if they are on the same ride to the hotel you will have a long wait

• Options

Just got my Kenya evisa today! Thanks for all the info u provided me. Persistence is key;)
    Waiting on Tanzania now:)

• Options

Got Tanzania! I think the costco visa trick