Change in tour and lodgings for 2025

I'm trying to decide between the Tanzania tour or the K & T tour for 2025. I noticed that the Tanzania tour is now going back to Tarangire National Park for a night which means one less night in Serengeti. It has three nights at the Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge and has dropped the two nights at Kirawira Tented Camp. The itinerary still says it will have a visit to the western Serengeti, but I'm wondering how long we would be spending in travel back and forth to the Lodge. I like that this tour has more driving than flying, but I'm wondering if it will be way too much driving now with the itinerary change. I'd appreciate any comments from those of you who have taken these trips before.

Comments

• I took the K and T in 2007 and 2019 and Tanzania and Zanzibar in 2014. I am going on the Bridges tour in a couple of days which also goes to the Western Serengeti.
    I love the Western area, it has far less tourists, lots of lush scenery, lots and lots of elephants and the famous maneless lions. I hope my future experience is as good as last time. The drive there is some of the most gorgeous scenery you will see in East Africa , lots of of amazing baobab trees which I love and lots of wildlife viewing on the way. I just can’t recall how long drives are, they were so full of sites. Best of all, the tour price is a bargain! I have often thought of doing the Bridges tour without any children because I’ve seen Zanzibar, so the Bridges tour is more appealing and it arrives and departs in Arusha, so no need for a Kenya visa.
    I’m planning to do a Bridges report, which you might find useful for the Western Serengeti part.

• If I read your post correctly, the tour will still visit the Western Serengeti, but not stay there. You will go back that night and stay at the Serengeti Serena. I would call Tauck and ask how long of a drive that will be