Flights out of Guayaquil

We are looking at booking our flight back to the US from Guayaquil after our 2025 Hidden Galapagos and Peru trip. Our best flight out in terms of cost and a connection to Chicago is on American Airlines, and leaves Guayaquil for Miami at 6:30AM. With the recommended three hour prior to flight arrival we would need to leave the hotel at about 3:00AM. I’m wondering if our airport transfer would be able to manage that timing. The Tauck representative on the phone said they would do whatever we needed. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this flight timing or if other flights might be better.

Comments

• Tauck airport transport runs 24/7.

• Won't be a problem. I've been on Tauck flights leaving at 4 am with a 1am pick up. It doesn't matter. They will accommodate what you book as long as you tell them by loading the info onto your trip profile.

• MJRH - Upon hotel check-in or shortly thereafter, you will be given a packet of information and forms to complete that should be handed to the tour director(s) at the welcome reception or sooner. You will enter information on one form pertaining to your outgoing flight and all transfers. Before the tour ends, the director(s) will give you written confirmation and will advise what time the transfer service will pick you up at the hotel. It is imperative that you review the information you submitted for accuracy. It is also prudent to remind the front desk of your transfer time. As already indicated, your departure time makes no difference. Tauck's car service will get you to the airport with time to spare.

• Thanks for the responses. It’s good to know the transfer won’t be an issue. We’ll go ahead and book the early flight. This is only our second Tauck tour so we’re just getting used to their wonderful service!

• edited July 11

To MJRH:

It is deefinitely workable but you should ask yourself do you want skip any festivities the night before. Check yourself to see if there is a later flight available.

I went with Tauck for A Week in Portugal in 2023, Tauck booked a flight from Lisbon to Heathrow to Dallas on American with an unbelievable price. The caveat was the flight leaves at 7 a.m. and the night before there was a farewell dinner at Quelquez Palace starting at 7 ending at 10. I was told with another traveler the Tauck transport will leave at 4 a.m. in the morning; me and another guest have to be at the hotel lobby no later than 3:45 in the morning.The limo driver was laughing at us why we have to leave at that time of the day. We mentioned we had to fly back to the U.S., he laughed further and said there were many more flights leaving later in the day.

Turns out that Tauck and this particular airline has a strong alliance for budget tickets in the business class. It was part of the deal with the cheap ticket discount. Tauck benefited from putting their guests on this airline in particular. The price was so low, it may be worthwhile for some people to do room service the last night of their trip, but not for me. Tauck even said it is impossible to get on the direct flight on TAP Portugal and it is not available.

Check the other carriers, compare and shop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file