Serengeti to Zansibar March 1 2014

Hello all, we are on this tour originating in Miami and are arriving and deparing from Nairobi via BA. We have made our internal flight arragments. We arrive in Nairobi on 2/26/14 and travel to Arusha on 3/1/14 via Killimangaro.
We will spend two days in Nairobi, so any and all suggestions are more than welcome. Any body else is on this tour?

Comments

• Fernando, I've seen you post here before about African Safaris, the post from Mama travel is another tour company. Check them out carefully before you book with them, they have just posted several replies to people on this site. After you arrive in Nairobi you will find you suffer from jet lag, for about 3 nights you will find it difficult to sleep. You should take at least one full day to recover from your journey before running around in Nairobi and then going to Arusha. The morning game drives start very early from what I remember, you will probably have to be up by 6am. I will be taking this tour later in the year too, it will be great to be back in Africa, but you are on the go every day. Take it easy or you will be exhausted before the Tauck and more luxurious tour begins
  • Thank you British.
    Will follow thru in your advice. We will take it easy in Nairobi and try to get our energy back up to par to fully enjoy the Tauck Tour.
  • Hi British and fernando,

I am sorry about the post from Mama Travel, that is spam and I am working on keeping that out of the forums. Thanks for noticing that British! Also, thank you for the great response to fernando's question.

-Kristen
  • I am guessing this tour is much like most other Tauck tours....it is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't get burned out before you start or in the early days.
  • Thank you, ndvd, I agree, we have to pace ourselves.
    Counting the days now, We leave our home town on Sunday to arrive in Nairobi Wed late night.
    I will be more than happy to post a trip report when I get back home. This our 13th Tauck Tour and second Africa Tour.