Welcome to Tauck’s Alaska's Inside Passage – Southbound Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Alaska's Inside Passage – Southbound Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Hello everyone,
    We are traveling on Tauck's Inside Passage- Southbound July 19, 2023.
    We will arrive in Anchorage the evening before cruise departure, July 18. Our flight will arrive from Atlanta around 7:00pm.
    Looking forward to another special Tauck adventure and meeting you all.

Susan and Max Brener Chattanooga, Tennessee

• queenie1,

If you can, please post a review of your experiences when you return. We are booked for next year. Thanks and enjoy your tour.

• I will be happy to post trip comments.

• Thank you so much! I would also be interested in reading about your experiences on the ship. Again, have a great trip.

• We have just returned from Alaska Southbound Inside Passage Cruise aboard Silver Muse. It was an outstanding adventure that offers beautiful scenery. adventurous tours, Alaskan culinary delights and excellent comfort abroad the Silver Muse.
    We were very lucky with good weather most of the time.
    The ship is beautiful, comfortable and service was good.
    The food was a disappointment. Several nights it was served just warm... cooked earlier and not reheated enough. I thought the coffee was fair, at best. There was a good breakfast buffet in one dining room, several other choices in additional dining areas. The seafood selections at the breakfast buffet was excellent, waffles, omelets and pancakes were ordered though a waiter and brought to the table. Personally did not care for the texture of the waffle and thought the omelets was quite limited.
    Loved the Grill for lunch and on day 2, we went to the dining room for the Alaskan Seafood Buffet.
    I had read in advance that the daily wines were not good and found the same the first 2 days. Very inexpensive and left little to be desired again.
    Some bartenders knew enough to suggest another choice and others did not.. About the 3rd day, we found an excellent bartender and was served a wine was that most enjoyable. I would ask for particular wine at any of the many bar on the ship. We also took a picture of the wine bottle.
    We did not invest in the additional charge restaurants. The food aboard was just not that outstanding and others had wished they had not. Atlantide Dining Room was our favorite. Room service worked well but ordering on line is tricky. Your TV's are in the mirrors and they need to accessed for many necessary functions on the ship.
    We were blessed with Dian and Michael, the 2 best Butlers/ attendees ever.

All in all, the cruise was a success and itinerary was excellent. I most likely will return to Oceania for our next cruise. I find them had to beat!!

• Thanks, queenie1, for your very informative review. Other than the food, I'm glad you enjoyed the tour.

Unfortunately, just last week I had to cancel this trip due to some unforeseen issues. The good news is that my credit card was credited almost immediately. Tauck is truly amazing!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file