why tauck over princess?
We've been on 3 Tauck tours - so you don't need to sell us on Tauck - we LOVE them. But, this time, we can't understand why go with Tauck for Grand Alaska? The price seems WAY TOO HIGH. I've been pouring over catalogs from AAA for weeks now - and no matter how I figure the funds, i can't justify Tauck for this.
I've been looking at Holland America, Celebrity, & Princess. Princess is who Tauck uses for GrandAlaska - they use their lodges for the land part. The price for Tauck is double what it is for the same tour by Princess. And Holland America and Celebrity offer VERY similar things for $1000s cheaper. I know Tauck offers a flight and some excursions on the land part, but even adding that in, it is still $1000s more.
If it were $100s more expensive, I wouldn't be questioning this, but double the price, I have to. I feel like maybe I am missing something.
On the land part, even though you are staying at Princess Lodges, are you traveling separately? Or are you with the other Princess people who have also booked a land tour? The agenda is identical for some the the Princess land tours and they offer all meals paid, etc. Are you traveling the Princess agenda separately with just Tauck people, or are Tauck people and Princess people together?
Just wondering why you all are paying double $6500/each & up for the same tour that Princess offers for several thousand dollars less? I have asked AAA this and they don't get it either and we always book our Tauck tours through AAA.
We have been on the Grand Colorado Tour (which they no longer offer), Canyonlands, and a Xmas Market River Cruise on the Danube thru Austria & Germany just this past December and they were all AMAZING. Alaska is even 3 times what we paid on our European cruise. I'm definitely not doubting that it's not an AMAZING tour . . . for this one trip though, I just don't understand why the price is SOOOO high compared to all other land/cruise tours - even the Princess one.
Thoughts please ..... and please don't think I'm bashing Tauck, I'm not . . . I just want to know what makes the price so high.... I'm sure I'm just missing things.....