Options

Zambia Visa

I know that I can get the Zambian visa at the airport when I arrive, but is that a smart thing to do? Should I get the visa in advance?

Comments

• Options
    Two years ago, we landed at the airport at the same time a charter arrived. We stood single file for an hour before we could get to the visa desk. So it may make sense to obtain the visa beforehand. But, if some others from your plane are on your tour and they need to stand in line, you have not gained anything!

That was our experience. Maybe yours will be better. This is a great trip!
  • Options
    That's exactly what I would say, I didn't even know you could get the visa in advance. We have had to wait for Tauck slow coaches a few times in the past to share transport, people who you know were on your plane , have no physical disabilities, but act like they have all the time in the world when you just want to hurry and refresh after hours on a plane. Sometimes an hour waiting and yes once, having to leave the Tauck rep and going yourselves to find the people you recognized were on your tour because you have already seen their luggage tag.That's another advantage of arriving more than a day early, then you are likely to be the only people being picked up. Thanks for the heads up on a possible long wait travel guy!
  • Options
    Based upon what I have read, you can apply for the Zambia visa online, it will be processed and, if approved, you can download the authorization letter; however, once you arrive at the airport, you must pay the fee there. Since you can't pay online, I just wonder if you will still be standing in line at the airport even if you have completed the e-visa. Does anyone know if having the e-visa helps to speed up the process at all?