Taking Yellowstone Grand Tetons July 22, 2014

Hi - my husband and I are taking this trip in a couple of weeks. Anyone else out there who is going along? Would anyone know if we need fancy clothes for any of the dinners? Can we get away with Jeans at night with a dressier top?

Thanks so much! my email is dragonflies11@gmail.com if you wish to reply by email that is fine too!

Donna & Joe Vassallo

Comments

• Hi Donna and Joe...nice to meet you...my son and I are also going on this tour and I had the exact same question! I will probably pack a few summer dresses that are casual and a pair or two of dockers for my son......BUT the real reason I am responding is that I currently live in Houston Texas (moved here because of the grandkids) but I am from Mt. Sinai NY...just north of you...I was born in Brooklyn and grew up in Queens. Looking forward to meeting you. Rosemary DeMarco
  • My husband and I took the Yellowstone and Grand Tetons American Safari tour in September. You have a similar itinerary. This was the most casual Tauck tour we have taken. The fanciest we got was a pair of nice slacks and a shirt for my husband and nice slacks and a blouse or sweater for me. Many nights we ate in jeans. Hope this helps.
  • Hi Crackeroo, yes that is about what I had figured, but nice to have it confirmed. Jean almost every night should suffice. Thanks for the reply! Very helpful.
    Donna
  • I am taking this trip in August leaving the 28th and would love to hear more when you get back. This is my first Tauck tour and am looking forward to it I have heard many great things about Tauck.
    I had the same question about dressing for dinner so glad someone asked.
    Would love to hear from others on the August trip.

Sandra
  • Hi - my husband and I are taking this trip in a couple of weeks. Anyone else out there who is going along? Would anyone know if we need fancy clothes for any of the dinners? Can we get away with Jeans at night with a dressier top?

Thanks so much! my email is dragonflies11@gmail.com if you wish to reply by email that is fine too!

Donna & Joe Vassallo

We are going on the August 12 Tour.

Would be interested in hearing from others going.

email to porchc5@comcast.net
  • Barbara and I are going on the August 12 tour.

Is anyone going then?

Porchc5@comcast.net

David Berkowitz
  • Hello Yellowstone and Grand Tetons travelers! My husband and I took the Culturious Safari tour and it was fantastic! Casual dress is recommended. The last night of the tour, where we had the farewell dinner, was the time most people got a little fancy. By that I mean, women wore summer dresses with a casual jacket or nice pants with a dressy top or jacket. Men wore dockers and a sport shirt. We did not see anyone it jeans for that night. Make sure you wear comfortable walking or hiking shoes. I would also recommend, if you can swing it, to stay a little longer in the area AFTER the tour and visit the area on your own. My husband and I rented a car and stayed 3 more days. Jackson Hole is not that far from the entrance to Grand Teton NP. Each eve. we would drive through the park to view wildlife and were fortunate to see bear and moose. If anyone plans to stay longer, let me know and I will elaborate on suggested hikes to some of the lakes in Grand Teton NP. My email address is: gobifree59@aol.com Happy Trails! Pam
  • My husband and I are going on the tour that starts Sunday August 10th Only two weeks to go. Getting excited. Anyone going on that tour?
  • I would love to hear some feedback from folks that are just coming back from this trip. Likes, dislikes and what the highlights were for them. I am going August 28th.
  • RoeRoe wrote:
    Hi Donna and Joe...nice to meet you...my son and I are also going on this tour and I had the exact same question! I will probably pack a few summer dresses that are casual and a pair or two of dockers for my son......BUT the real reason I am responding is that I currently live in Houston Texas (moved here because of the grandkids) but I am from Mt. Sinai NY...just north of you...I was born in Brooklyn and grew up in Queens. Looking forward to meeting you. Rosemary DeMarco
    Hi...We lived in Mt. Sinai from 1982-1992 My daughter would have been first graduate of HS(we moved )
    I am deciding between American canyojlands or Mgt. rushmore trip..Which one do you think is better

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file