Rain gear

Is it necessary to bring a rain jacket or fleece on the South Africa elegant adventure. We are leaving on Sept 26

Comments

• We will be on the same tour with you. My research indicates that a fleece or fleece vest or jacket may be needed toward evening while on the safari vehicles as the temperature drops quite a bit in the afternoon. Looking forward to meeting you! Linda Godek
  • edited September 2018
    You will definitely need fleece, hat, gloves and rain gear at that time of year. The safaris can be literally freezing when you start out. I'm not someone who gets cold easily but when we took this trip which I think was August or September, we needed the hats and gloves and huddled under the blankets that were in the safari vehicles when we first set out. Cape Town will be cool, temps in the sixties. The area is getting rain again after the drought , so pack waterproofs. We have been to Cape Town several times. Last November it was wet and miserable. Check the ten day forecast on the weather channel before you go. The current ten day shows rainfall almost daily in Cape Town.