Options

Question : family river cruises

I booked a level 7 for my almost 15 year old granddaughter and me and i just learned that my husband can go. The room holds three but my son and daughter-in-law dont’ think that she will feel comfortable in a room with her step
Grandfather who has been my husband all of her lifel . He wants her to have her own room for privacy .
Any comments? He says she would feel uncomfortable with any male except her father or brother. ,
I thought that this room would be adequate .

Comments

• Options
    Each child is different but 15 is an age where personal privacy concerns are there. She's unlikely to want to worry about seeing him scantily clothed nor worry about him seeing her in the same. At 15 I didn't want to see my dad semi-clothed.

You might want to call Tauck and explain the situation. The Cat 7 suite with 3 people will cost more than just the 2 of you so it might be worth it to make some cabin additions or changes. She's under 18 so she'll need to be in a cabin with another adult. You could keep the Cat 7 then book at Cat 1 if available for your husband (those cabins don't charge a single supplement). You'd have the extra seating/hangout space during the day but solve the sleeping issue. Or trading it for a less expensive cabin for the 2 of you and again a Cat 1.

Also, I dimly remember some talk of their adding connecting doors to forward the cabins (201, 202, 301 and 302) to the cabins next to them for families but not sure which ships and whether this was done.

It all depends on what's available on the ship/tour you're booked on. Only Tauck can really help with this.