Options

Good Books to Read

edited July 2019 in Kenya & Tanzania

I’d like to recommend four books I’ve read with Africa themes. I have photos of two of them, I can’t locate the others in my bookcases just now, I do love the easy way one can now post photos.
I honestly think I got more benefit from reading these books after I had had a trip to Africa, because it is much easier to conjure up a picture in your mind and also understand for example what a Masai home is like.
The White Masai I found, I think in one of the lodges on the Botswana tour. It is easily found on Amazon and the author wrote three more follow up books which I have.
The Elephant Whisperer was recommended by someone on a non Africa tour. Again, bought on Amazon and the author has written more books too.
The other two books are Whatever You Do Don’t Run, by Peter Allison, a fun book written by a Safari guide in South Africa with true stories of his customers.
And finally Born A Crime by Trevor Noah, which I believe is being made into a movie.

Comments

• Options

BRITISH, I have read Trevor Noah’s book, Born a Crime...Fantastic read! It was one of the reason we became enthused about going to Africa. Plus pictures my grandson sent from when he was there.

• Options

I have read the White Masai. It is very interesting and a great insight into the Masai.

• Options

The Tree Where Man Was Born by Peter Mattheison tells of 1961 travels from Southern Egypt into Tanzania and Kenya into the Kalahari

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file