Cowboy Country - Interested is whom may be on this trip - July 5, 2020

Cowboy Country Trip 2021 , June 20, I will be traveling with three grand kids (10, 11 & 12), would like to know if anyone sign up to go on this trip. And if anyone has an old schedule that would help us plan better.

Comments

• Just curious - we are scheduled for this trip 2 weeks after yours. I am seeing that Jackson lake lodge doesn’t plan to open this year. Are you still planning to take this trip or have you cancelled ? Any word from Tauck on what the lodging and dining will look like ? We are trying to decide if it’s worth it to hold out or cancel now. Any input appreciated !

• edited May 2020

Tauck has cancelled all tours thru 30 June and I would guess it will eventually cancel them thru July or later because of the pandemic, and what they said in the 1 May update, "Due to continued uncertainty about our ability to deliver the level of experience you expect from Tauck . . . ." As discussed at length on the forums, for a number of reasons, you should wait to let Tauck cancel.

Also, you might check with the other hotels and parks. As of the 24 March NPS release, "Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks are currently closed Until Further Notice. There will be no visitor access permitted to either park." At the top of the first page of The Ranch at UCross website there is a link to a Directive dated 3 April from the Governor of the State of Wyoming that says the state has a mandatory 14 day quarantine for people returning to or entering the state from another state. Booking dot com, says this about the K Bar S Lodge: "Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19)." The NPS website says Mount Rushmore National Memorial Is Open, but "In the interest of public health, the Information Center is closed and all educational and interpretive programs are suspended. The grounds are open from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. until further notice."

Beyond that I suggest you wait to see what Tauck says. The next update which should cover July should be issued around 1 June or earlier.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file