We just received a new Summary of Purchase confirming we made it to the top of a waitlist, unfortunately it is for our second (third, fourth?- depends on how you count) choice of departures, and we must decide quickly what to do.
To review-
Our first attempt for J&E (SG) this past March was cancelled.
We re-booked immediately, but could only get a January 2021 departure (a bit too cold in Petra, still a significant chance it could be cancelled, GEM doubtful it will be open?). We are paid in full except for our post-stay- hotel rates have not been set.
We are also on two waitlists:
The first one is for a March 2021 departure (nicer weather and slightly reduced chance it will be cancelled due to COVID19, and better chance the GEM will be open?) and
a second one for an Oct 2021 departure (for which we just received the Summary of Purchase) (good weather, should be totally over COVID19 restrictions, GEM probably open, but a long way off!!! ). Unfortunately, we have heard nothing about the March waitlisted date).
We have only two days to respond to accept or decline the Oct 2021 date. What is a body to do???
FYI, for anyone else on a waitlist, here is what the note at the bottom of the fees section of the Summary of Purchase says (yes, it is in all caps, italics, and repeated
):
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU HAVE CLEARED THE WAITLIST FOR THE TOUR MENTIONED. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN CHANGING DATES. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL. THANK YOU!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU HAVE CLEARED THE WAITLIST FOR THE TOUR MENTIONED. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN CHANGING DATES. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL. THANK YOU!