Jordan & Egypt Reminder from Tauck

Just when I was giving up hope....and it still may be a bit immature as this reminder may be system generated based on travel dates. I just received an email from Tauck reminding me of important documents required for my upcoming December tour...fingers crossed.
-Robin

Comments

• edited June 24

PureLuxury
    9:27AM
    Just when I was giving up hope....and it still may be a bit immature as this reminder may be system generated based on travel dates. I just received an email from Tauck reminding me of important documents required for my upcoming December tour...fingers crossed.

We are scheduled for January. Unless you don't have a passport or haven't provided the info to Tauck, what other important documents? Tauck gets our visas upon arrival in Jordan and Egypt at no cost to us.

"immature" that is me, but I think you mean "premature"

• AlanS :o Yes, Pre-mature. Perhaps it was just a reminder to have folks check their passports to make sure they are valid for 6 months after tour ends....who knows. I was just excited to get an email that wasn't related to a cancellation.

• This from the CDC is still current
    What is the current situation?

CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential international travel.

The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial travel options remain available, U.S. citizens should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite length of time. For more information about possible travel restrictions, contact your destination's U.S. Embassy or Consulate or visit the Department of State website.
    I assume Tauck continues to follow CDC recommendations. Perhaps in future we might have to sign a Covid waiver. Perhaps that is what they want you to do😀

• what a nightmare!!!
    I need to travel to keep my good mental health...... I'm about to loose a screw!

• Egypt has opened the pyramids for tourism again, today. Yes! 1 step closer.....

• Great news, but not unexpected. They are desperate for tourist dollars. Their economy really depends on it, plus they need to finish the GEM!

• AlanS - perhaps if they ramp up the GEM construction you may have a chance to visit during your trip early next year. My only hope of seeing the GEM is if the December tour is cancelled (which I am hoping it is NOT) and I re-schedule for December 2021.

• PureLuxury Hi.
    According to latest video, they are 96% done with construction.... hopefully the 96%! includes the inside and part of the artifacts .... If they are smart and the GEM is not fully done, they should resume the special group visits and have the rooms with the Tut's. artifacts at least ready, that will boost the tourism and will create some exciment.