Options

The Federal Council intends to further facilitate entry into Switzerland from 28 June 2021

Looking good that Switzerland (and I'd assume most/all the remaining Schengen countries) will open to vaccinated tourists by 28 Jun. Just to get a definitive decision on this will be great.

_Facilitated entry from third countries

Since 19 June 2020, people from third countries outside the Schengen area are subject to special entry restrictions aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus. Since then, these restrictions have been gradually relaxed by the Federal Council. As part of a development of the Schengen acquis, the EU now intends to repeal the entry restrictions still in force in the Schengen area for third-country nationals with a vaccination certificate. As a Schengen associated state, Switzerland has coordinated its travel restrictions with the EU as far as possible since the start of the pandemic.

In turn, Switzerland plans to ease entry restrictions still in force for third-country nationals with a vaccination certificate from 28 June 2021. There are currently no travel restrictions between Schengen states. Furthermore, people benefiting from free movement enjoy this right regardless of the state they come from when they enter Switzerland.

The Federal Council proposes to put the concessions into effect on 28 June 2021. The Federal Council's proposals will be submitted for consultation to the cantons, the social partners and the competent parliamentary committees until 16 June. The Federal Council will decide on 23 June._

Here's the link to the full article - you'll need google translate
https://www.admin.ch/gov/it/pagina-iniziale/documentazione/comunicati-stampa.msg-id-83938.html

Comments

• Options

Claudia - We are scheduled to go to Switzerland: Europe's Crown Jewel on September 16 so this is good news. Thank you for keeping us informed.

Noreen

• Options

It also looks like they plan to ease up on mask requirements outside. In a different press release they said "The mask obligation will be lifted in the external areas of publicly accessible facilities, leisure facilities, railway stations and tram and bus stops, as well as on external boat decks and chairlifts." Also easing up on capacity limits. Yeah!

• Options

Such a relief to finally see EU and especially Switzerland - moving along. We're headed to Switzerland ahead of the August 27 tour. and was revisiting the itinerary today, thinking about what to bring. (The posts on packing were fun; I never bring more than 2 shoes by the way Haha.) I think you're a few weeks later in Switzerland? Then we connect, with a few days in between, to Sicily tour. I hope transiting won't be eventful.

• Options

We're on the Sun, 29 Aug Classic sized tour. Will arrive the day before on Gift of Time. We too are doing another tour back to back - Normandy/Brittany. Packing has proven to be a challenge this time with the two tours. The Swiss tour I'll be focusing more on weather and comfort since there really isn't much to dress up for. No way I'd bother with a dress for the farewell that involves a boat ride. But France has 3 special dinners and I'm having trouble figuring out the weather. Layering layering.

• Options

Aww gee - I was hoping our paths might cross. Bummer -will miss you by a day! Do you have extra time in between the tours? We're staying on in Lucern and Zurich before heading on 9/9 to Taormina Sicily. It's fun to be thinking of what to wear again.

• Options

Yes, bummer. There is someone else on the tour I've been chatting with for almost 2 years now as we've waited. We avoided the small group tour starts mostly because of the price difference. We've done them in the past but the extra $1000 each seemed a bit much this time. Will be interesting to see how full our actual group is with many being cautious about traveling this year.

Yes, our tour ends on Wed. The french tour starts on Sun but we have a GoT for that on Sat. My grandfather came from a small town north of Zurich called Schaffhausen near the Rhine Falls. Both my sibling and I will be on the tour so we are planning to spend a few days there or in Zurich. Lucerne is beautiful. We had one day there at the end of a Rhine cruise and glad to go back and spend more time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file