Options

? River cruise disruption

I saw this story. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/5-dead-many-missing-germany-houses-collapse-floods-n1274014
It sounds as if flooding is affecting large parts of Germany and Western Europe in particular. I wonder if this is affecting the River boats if the rivers are too high or fast flowing.

Comments

• Options

In 2014, my Danube cruise was impacted by high water. We had to skip the stop at Melk because the Captain was concerned about making it under a specific bridge -- even with the top deck cleared. As it was, my daughter was able to reach up and touch the underside of one of the bridges as we passed under it.

• Options

I’m seeing photos of the Rhine River in Cologne this morning, all flooded. You can see all the River boats lined up along the sides of the overflowing river. This is the part of the Rhine we were on.a couple of years ago.

• Options

We are leaving on September 1 for the Rhine and Moselle River cruise. I hope we are still able to go. This is our third try as the last two attempts were cancelled due to COVID.