Logistics of final day?

On the Best of Hawaii trip, the final day is to the airport at your leisure. It appears most flights leave in the evening, so what do people do that final day between checkout and departure to the airport?

I presume the hotel will store bags. Do they provide a place to shower, change, etc. after checkout, prior to departure?

Comments

• I paid to book the room for a partial day (I think till 6:00) and had a lovely massage in the afternoon.

• We just came back last week. Checkout time is noon. They will let you stay in the room until 1 pm. You can ask for a late check out. They wanted something like $330 to extend our stay until maybe 6 pm.
    The hotel will store your bags. Some of our group stayed around the pools. Others stayed in the huge lobby overlooking the ocean.
    The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to a high-end shopping center. It is where the cooking demonstration ( currently on hold ) used to be. Many of us went there. I would call that visit just something to do.

• Thanks both

• I'm pretty sure the hotel has a Welcome room that will be at your disposal - check the concierge. You can also book a whale watching adventure!

• Two weeks ago our Tauck Director, Heide. said the hospitality room is now not available, but you can ask.
    I found a men's washroom just to the left of the workout room, about 30 feet down the hall, that is seldom used and very clean. I changed in that room and my wife did in the woman's nearby.

• When we had our original plan for Hawaii last month (which we canceled due to Covid) we had an 11:30 pm flight back to Chicago. So, we booked a Viator small group tour of the Road to Hana, which would have taken all day. We hope to re-schedule that tour next January when we hopefully take the Best of Hawaii tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file