Hidden Galapagos and Peru, September 11-26, 2021

My wife and I took the Hidden Galapagos and Peru tour in September 2021. It was a great tour. Our tour director, Marcos Soto, was outstanding, handing problems as they came up easily and calmly. And we did have a few unexpected problems. The tour was during the time of Covid and we only had 10 guest on the tour. That was nice for us, but I felt bad for Tauck. It was probably not a profitable tour for Tauck.

We did Machu Picchu and then flew to the Galapagos where we boarded the Silverseas Silver Origin ship, a new ship built just for the Galapagos islands. It's a wonderful ship - I hope Tauck continues to use that ship for the Galapagos.

I blogged our trip and tried to describe what we did every day, along with pictures. You can see the trip at https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2021-1Galapagos-01.htm. I hope that this can provide you with an idea of what the tour is like, if you're thinking of taking it in the future.

We both highly recommend the Hidden Galapagos and Peru tour.

Comments

• Thank you! This was fabulous. Leaving Thursday. So excited. Tauck has changed some of the stops and hotels on our tour. Glad to be traveling again!

• We are taking this trip next May, 2022 and we are so excited that they are using Silversea ships.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file