Options

Canyons end of May - how to dress

1) would love to know what weather temp might be end of May
2) do I need to dress for all sorts of weather during the day - morning and evening?
3) what do you wear at night ?

Comments

• Options

You are going to the wild west; there is no need to dress up in the evening whatsoever. I did find that the mornings were chilly for me, and I always always and always bring a pair of gloves, a fleece, and some sort of windbreaker if need be for over the fleece, a backpack, sunhat and a warmer type of ski hat. I used them all at various times from t-shirts to long sleeve tops. Yes, you'll experience all types of weather. I brought athletic/hiking shoes, sandals for outdoor walking for any length of time. The only time I came close to dressing up was for the farewell dinner only because we were in a very nice hotel, and I was getting bored from outdoorsy casual attire. The desert is very dry. I'm a contact lens wear 24/7 and I had to find moisturizing eye-drops when I didn't think of bringing some.

• Options

I live out here and camped in most of the places included. Ourtravels is right. Casual, layers, be prepared for hot days and cool nights. Bring sunscreen. You might look for some long sleeve shirts with built in sun screen. Lots of t-shirt types available as well as one from Columbia that's a shirt with snap closures, roll up sleeves, very breathable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file