Staying in the TAUCK hotel 3 days before tour

edited July 2022 in General

I’ll be in Berlin for 3 days on my own and TAUCK booked me into the Adlon-Kempinski hotel which is the tour hotel. With the tour breakfast is included for 3 days but would that be the case for my 3 days before the tour starts?
There is nothing in the trip documentation I received a few weeks ago.
TIA

Comments

• If it's booked thru Tauck as PreTour - breakfast is included. And they are always amazing.

• Yes, RGM2, your breakfast for the pre-tour days will be included. In some countries you are given vouchers, in other countries you just give your room number and mention you are a Tauck guest to the host/hostess. Should you be adding any post-tour days in a Tauck designated hotel, those breakfasts are also included.

• Sorry, terrilynn. I was still typing my response when you posted your response.

RGM2 - When you check in, be sure to let the front desk know you are part of the Tauck tour. I always have my Tauck reservation number handy upon check-in.

• kfnknfzk - I'm always glad to see others respond, even with the same answer - I always learn new things!! Esp from all the more seasoned travelers on this forum - you have all taught me so much.

• terrilynn - And you have taught me all about the holiday markets! I can't wait to take our first one next year. My husband is not too thrilled since he dislikes cold weather, but give him some hot chocolate--probably hot toddies--and he will be just fine.

• Be sure to check your incidentals bill, as this is the sort of thing you might end up paying for these days, by mistake. Especially with so many new hotel staff.

• kfnknfzk - I agree about terrilynn's helpful info on the holiday markets. I saw your post previously about the Danube cruise and have a word document w/the info she provided. I'm going on my first xmas market river cruise, also on the Danube, next year. When is your cruise? I'm so looking forward to it, I just wish it was this year. :-)

• Kathy0529 - we are going on the Danube Xmas Market cruise again this year with 2 other couples and I will post another updated review.

We have the Rhine Xmas Markets booked for next year with some friends.

We did the Danube in 2013 with Tauck, with Uniworld in 2018, and the Rhine with Tauck in 2016 -- there have been itinerary changes, so I will update. We do prefer the Danube, but the Rhine is also very good.

We are also doing the Ultimate Alp & Dolomites w/the Passion Play in Sept - I will review that also. We haven't traveled much lately because of covid and we've been taking care of my parents - my dad died a couple months ago and my mom is ok on her own - so we are looking forward to travel again.

• British brought up an important point about reviewing your final bill before leaving the hotel. I like to check the charges the night before checkout once I know I will not be adding any additional charges. It also avoids the long lines the morning of leaving.

• terrilynn - I'm sorry for the loss of your father. Mine passed away in November 2019 and my parents and I travelled together. We did Tauck tours and non-Tauck trips. He was bummed when his health deteriorated to where he could no longer travel. My mother and I continued to travel together and went to Switzerland w/Tauck last year, but that trip was a lot for her and then she had lung cancer surgery this past March so she doesn't think she will be up for the pace of Tauck trips in the future. I'm hoping for maybe a road trip next year driving from Arizona to Vegas w/a stop at the Grand Canyon which is a place she has always wanted to visit.

I booked the Danube Cruise w/someone I first met on the forums and we chatted offline because we were on the 2020 Switzerland tour that was Covid cancelled, then on the same rescheduled 2021 trip. She and her sister, also on the 2021 trip, and some of their friends and I are all booked on the Danube Xmas Market cruise for a girls trip! Their hubbies are sitting this one out. :-) We booked all the Category 1 cabins. This will be my first time flying solo and I'm a nervous nelly, but I have over 500 days to get over it! LOL. I may splurge for business class or at least premium economy to help w/my nerves.

I figured you would post about the trip and the closer it got or after I could ask specific questions. Your answers to kfnknfzk's questions were so informative that I kept them for reference in the future so I don't bother you w/the same questions. I appreciate when people post about their trips. I'm not the best at doing that because I know there are more well-travelled people who provide more thorough information.

I wish I had a trip booked sooner, especially w/the dropped Covid test requirements, but will be happy if I can get my mom to travel at least domestically early next year. We'll see!!!

• Thank you all for your replies. Takes a small load of my mind.
    Next problem will be the flight situations and airport problems in North America and Europe. But I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.