Anyone has info about Dublin, Ireland airport?

I have my flight coming up in 13 days and am not looking forward to the mess at YYZ airport. But the airline has shortened my layover in Dublin to 1 hour for my connecting flight to Berlin.

Anyone familiar with DUB ? Is that doable? Is there a long transfer between terminals, if so ? The next flight would be at least 10 hours later.

Comments

• RGM2 -  One hour is enough time for your connection if you are travelling on Aer Lingus.  They operate out of T2 so you won't have to change terminals. 

• Thank you Noreen, I don’t know if you heard a big thump? Your reply relieved my anxiety.

• Do you change planes in Dublin? We have had 1 hr +/- "layovers" in Dublin which were nothing more than a fuel stop. We didn't even deplane or park at the terminal. It was a gas and go stop.

I've flown out of Dublin but don't remember it except that it is one of the foreign airports with US customs and Global entry for flights bound for the US.

If connecting on flights you don't need to pass through security:

"A walkway between Dublin Airport’s Terminals 1 and 2 is available for those who have not yet passed through the security checkpoint. However, those landing at Terminal 1 and departing via connecting flight from Terminal 2 do not need to make use of this exit. In this case, the route that you need to take will be signposted, and the cabin crew from your previous flight will help you make the proper connections."

https://www.dublinairportt1.com/terminal-transfers/

All that being said, most of what I read indicates 1 hour will be very tight, even if you bags are checked through.

• edited July 2022

RGM2 - Toronto has had its share of chaos like so many other airports. Even if your departure from there is on schedule, a one hour layover in Dublin is challenging even if you do not need to change terminals. If flying business class, you could make it. I, personally, would not attempt it, but if you can sprint you might be okay. Good luck!

• Thank you all for your helpful info. Yes a change of planes is involved, but landing at terminal 2 and departing at terminal 2. I did not chose this short layover, when I booked the flight it was closer to 1 3/4 hours but somehow got shortened. It's a relief to know that I may not have to go through security. Maybe I should get the kind of running shoes kids have with built in rollers, LOL!

I think this will be my most agonizing flight ever!

• I just hope your bags make it too. You might want to increase the size of your carry-on and amount of emergency clothes you put it it!

• Yes AlanS, thanks. I have some wearables and basic toiletries in my carry-on, just in case though the size of a carry-on is specified by the airline.. I do not have an address/name tag on the outside of the luggage but a business card inside in case luggage gets lost.
    Though this trip I will make an exception and have a name tag outside with my name and the address for the Adlon-Kempinski hotel in case my main luggage is delayed or did not make the transfer in time.

I’m looking forward to my trip but not to the eastbound flight!