Options

Does Tauck Reschedule Excursions Often?

I was disappointed to get an email that Tauck was not able to host our travel group to a private showing of the Last Supper in Milan as advertised in their itinerary. Our river cruise leaves soon and that was something I had looked forward to seeing in a more private setting instead of with large crowds. I just wondered how often this rescheduling occurs with Tauck before I book any other cruises.

Comments

• Options

Tauck does the best they can, but things are sometimes beyond their control. Most changes are minor. Those that are more significant may receive compensation. They try to notify you of significant changes (like hotel changes) as soon as they can.

• Options

Pre Covid this didn't happen often but its taking awhile to fully recover.

• Options

Regardless of when you go, they do not allow large crowds in to see the last supper at one time. It is a relatively small group. Our tour did not all go in at the same time. We were split into smaller groups.

• Options
    edited June 2023

This is the email we got from Tauck--still disappointing but hopefully we can schedule a tour on our own. Just costs more money:)

As per the letter you received, we will no longer be able to visit The Last Supper on your tour but we will now have a private, after-hours visit to the Biblioteca Ambrosiana.

• Options

DGilly, look online, perhaps at TripAdvisor, for private tours of Milan that include the Last Supper. Getting individual tickets at short notice can be troublesome as they are bought in blocks by tour companies. Perhaps if you have a free morning or afternoon you can get into one of those tours?

• Options

Just saw this in another site…. For Last Supper tickets
    cenacolovinciano.vivaticket website.